Friday, April 25, 2008
Saints and Roughnecks
I do think that there are "saints" and "roughnecks" at Stevenson, but not to the extent of the school in the article "The Saints and the Roughnecks". There are many kids here at school who seem to always be getting in trouble. They frequently are visiting their dean and getting yelled at in classes. Not everything these "roughnecks" are doing is necessarily worth their punishment. I think that the label that is given to them and how they are perceived by their classmates, teachers, and deans has an effect of on how they are treated. On the other hand I know of kids who seem to get away with anything! It is because of their acceptable behavior that people least expect it from them. A "saint" and a "roughneck" could probably both commit the same act of deviance and who do you think would get busted for it? It is harder to get away with stuff when you have a close watch on you, which most of the "roughnecks" have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment