Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Monopobility
We played monopoly in sociology class, but with different rules. Each player had a different social class and different rules and standards that applied to their class. I was the lowest working class and I have to say I did not have fun playing this game. I had pretty much no money and absolutely no properties. I had to go to jail and the only way I could get out was by rolling doubles, which never happened. So while all the other players were buying up properties and making money off rent, I sat in jail the entire game unable to bail myself out. This made me realize how others in the working class feel when they see people who are better off than them. I was getting kind of angry when I saw the higher classes racking up the money and having better luck than me. This is an issue for some people in their everyday life that I cannot even imagine how to deal with. Hopefully more people become aware of this and try to help out. I think that people are so used to how they were brought up and in the same social class all their life with the same sort of surroundings. In order to really make a difference or give back to the community, we need to realize the struggles people face first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment